Freelensing Cine® is a system that leaves the lens virtually suspended in front of the camera sensor allowing the operator a fast and intuitive movement. It allows for shifts, parallel and perpendicular to the focal plane, rotation of the optical center, and a combination of both pan and tilt movements.
It allows to control the focal planes and to choose where to have them in the frame, both to increase the depth of field or to minimize it. Currently works with ARRI Alexa Mini, Mini LF, 35, Sony Venice 1 & 2, RED V-Raptor XL, V-Raptor and DSMC2, although each camera has its own characteristics.
MARRIAGE BETWEEN CAMERA and FREELENSING CINE®
- Choose the appropriate camera mount (ARRI ALEXA MINI, MINI LF, 35, SONY VENICE 1 & 2, RED V-RAPTOR XL, V-RAPTOR & RED DSMC2)
- Fix the corresponding camera mount to the bellows
- Prepare de camera at the standard 19mm height
- Remove the PL or LPL mount that is placed on the camera body
- Insert the camera into the Freelensing Cine® or the other way around
- Align the Freelensing Cine® to the sensor of the camera
- Place the camera mount (already installed in the bellows of the Freelensing Cine®
- Set all Freelensing Cine® settings to “0” (except Z-axis)
- Finish adjusting
- Fix all camera peripherals (rods, etc)
WHAT MOVEMENTS DOES FREELENSING CINE® OFFER?