- Order number: 15-0020
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time approx. 5 working days
Currently you can only control EF lenses via LATITUDE (without external lens motors) on a RED DSMC or DSMC2 camera, for other cameras you will need to add lens motors. Remember to add a RED CTRL cable to your order to control EF lenses on RED.!
The Latitude Sidekick is a best-in-class 3-channel wireless lens control system for cinematographers and independent content creators. It has an operational range of up to 5000ft (1.5km) and fits seamlessly onto the side of any RED DSMC2 camera. Built for the most demanding applications, the Latitude Sidekick controls focus, iris, and zoom with absolute precision using 3 brushless motors that offer faster response, smoother operation, and 4x the service life of brushed motors. Its 4-Axis controller is fully configurable and utilizes FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum) over the 2.4GHz band to avoid interference in extremely challenging RF conditions. The Latitude Sidekick system comes as a kit and includes:
The 4-Axis Controller gives you extraordinarily precise control over your lens with 4 mappable axes (knob, slider, 2x wheels) and a rugged chassis that fits comfortably in your hands. Its FHSS wireless system effectively cuts through the toughest interference and transmits latency-free commands over the 2.4GHz band at up to nearly 5000ft (1.5km). Mounted at the top of the controller is an OLED screen with intuitive menu system for calibration and reference, while the back of the controller features a removable Canon LP-E6 battery, which offers up to 36 hours of continuous runtime.
Latitude Sidekick Motor Driver Receiver
The Latitude Sidekick motor driver receiver is designed to fit seamlessly onto the side of any RED DSMC2 camera. It supports up to 3 motors for FI+Z control (Focus, Iris, and/or Zoom) and can control run/stop on DSMC2 cameras. The system receives commands from any Teradek 4-Axis or 6-Axis Controller at up to 5000ft (1.5km) away and includes automatic or manual (softstop) calibration with a proprietary algorithm for torque control and lens protection. Since the Latitude Sidekick integrates with all RED DSMC2 cameras, it allows users to control EF/AF lens focus/iris with their own internal motors, in addition to camera shutter, ISO, run/stop and button features (2x magnification, edge, focus assist).
- Official RED third party accessory compatible with any DSMC2 camera
- Passes data through RED camera data pins
- Drives up to 3 lens motors and/or electronic focus and iris on Canon & Nikon lens using their built in motors
- The included cheeseplate, RED blanking plate, or RED Sidekick can be mounted over the Latitude Sidekick
- 2 slave controller inputs supporting Teradek Thumbwheels, Zoomrocker, or Smartknob
- Does not include built-in WiFi
MK3.1 Brushless Lens Motor
The MK.3.1 Brushless Motor is a revolution in wireless lens control, offering superior response, smoother operation, and 4 times the service life of brushed motors. The motor never cogs, sparks, or skips and operates nearly silently, even at high speeds.
- Adjustable motor response for silky smooth to quick and sharp moves
- Drive gear can be mounted on either side
- Lightweight, compact chassis design with super thin and flexible cables
- Support for 15mm/19mm rods with good height adjustment
- Full range of gears available
- 2.2Nm maximum allowable torque
What´s in the Box?
- 1 x Lens Motor, 15/19mm rod motor bracket, 0.8 lens gear [15-0025]
- 1 x MK3.1 Controller [15-0001]
- 1 x MDR-SK Receiver [15-0012]
- 1 x Latitude Motor Cable 20cm [11-1388]
- 1 x Latitude RED CTRL Cable 25cm [11-1383]
- 1 x Latitude DTAP Power Cable [11-1378]
- 1 x 2m Controller Wired Mode Cable [11-1413]
- 1 x RTMotion Case [11-1416]
- 1 x MDR-SK Cheeseplate [11-1425]
- 1 x RTMotion Neck-strap [11-1443]
- 1 x LP-E6 Duracell Battery [14-0014-1]
- 1 x LP-E6 Travel charger [14-0015]
- 3 x White disc [21-0501]