- Order number: PXW-FS5
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time approx. 5 working days
4K Super 35 Exmor CMOS Sensor E-Mount Camera. A handheld camera should be able to get you into tight places. To work in your lap. To move with the talent. To shoot high and low angles with equal agility. And a handheld camera should function beautifully against your chest, comfortably steadied by your right hand with all the controls at your fingertips. Sony’s extraordinary PXW-FS5 does all of this, and more. The FS5 delivers uncompromising performance with Sony's Super35 sensor, 4K onboard recording and wireless streaming. And with the CBK-FS5RIF software license, you can access the power of external RAW recording (license and RAW recorder both sold separately). The FS5 offers High Frame Rate (HFR) cache recording at Full HD 10bit 4:2:2 image quality and a frame rate of up to 240 fps. The FS5 is a radical re-imagining of the FS7 for unsurpassed on the go shooting in the most demanding of conditions. With a body-only weight less than half the FS7 at 0.8kg, you can shoot almost anywhere. Handheld operation is simply exceptional as the superbly balanced chassis is easily configured to shoot from high to low angles thanks to a flexible, rotatable grip and a LCD viewfinder that can be mounted in no less than nine locations.
High Frame Rate (HFR) recording
The FS5 offers High Frame Rate (HFR) cache recording at Full HD 10-bit 4:2:2 image quality and a frame rate of up to 240fps. The 8-second cache recording means no more mis-timed shots leading to extra takes. It also lets you pick out footage at exactly the point that you want. It is also possible to record 120fps with up to 16-second cache recording. Higher frame rates of 480fps and 960fps are also possible at specific resolutions. It is also possible to upgrade the FS5 for even greater creative flexibility.
- 4K Super 35 Exmor (™) sensor
- The FS5 is built around a high-sensitivity 4K Super35 Exmor™ CMOS Sensor that offers all the benefits of a large format sensor in combination with the exceptional image readout speeds required for 4K motion-picture shooting and super slow motion.
- 4K resolution: 11.6 million total pixels and 8.8 million* effective pixels deliver 4K resolution. Even if you’re delivering in HD, your recordings will capture detail and image texture that HD sensors simply cannot see
- Super 35 size sensor offers “bokeh,” the defocused backgrounds made possible by shallow depth of field, as well as excellent low-light sensitivity and an expansive field of view
- 14 stops of exposure latitude deliver powerful grayscale rendition without crushing shadow detail or blowing out highlight detail
- Sony’s Exmor CMOS design provides high-speed full-pixel read-out capability (without pixel binning) and sophisticated camera processing to ensure jaggies and moiré are minimize